Saturday, June 11, 2011

EQUAVIA: Results are in! Easyjet's BEST replicator in 1:400 is...

A while ago a fellow collector wished to purchase off my collection an Easyjet A319, wondering which one looked better. So he asked for my opinion. Instead of offering my enlightenment which might have had a touch of  misleading trying to sell him the uglier one, I figured I let you folks vote for that. I placed those beauties nose to
 nose and butt to butt, shot them sideways, from over head, right on the face and belly up which in my opinion looked quite painful. Yes I know. I need to see a therapist about it. 


I found interesting the numerous differences of opinions in each forum. How a crowd chooses to join communities where there is a mutual interest and taste. Eighty two votes were casted and the overall result claims the GEMINI JETS WINNER of the polls.


What seemed to make that difference was for one the correct tone of Orange and secondly the well placed logo on the engine coil. While Greenbox had a technical issue deriving from effort to upgrade realism with the addition of that little winglet on the engine coil named "strake", that forced the logo to go way lower.


The total for Gemini jets was 46 votes while the Greenbox was slightly behind with 36.
At 400scalehangar.net, the voting came to a tie of 17 each. The diecastaircrftforum.com members gave the Gemini model a 2 vote advance with 13-11 while wings900.com screamed out loud the preference to Geminis result with double the votes 16-8. The member who wanted to buy the model from me, chose the Gemini jets model even before the votes were in. Just looking at the images.

If the question was back at me... I like them both! Sure they have differences, and I would not place them in my diorama that close together. but as you can see... I BOUGHT THEM BOTH!  I hope this comparison was interesting for you and I am looking forward to feedback for further projects. Thank you


Keep your eyes peeled for more EQUAVIA comparisons in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment